Friday, July 18, 2014

Geekk Sale

Classes have started once more, and it's a very, very long day for me. I'm hoping that it doesn't interfere with me posting once or twice a week, if not more, but if it does, I hope you all understand: School first, Blog second.

Anyway, the last few days of my break I spent cleaning. Things have really piled-up since I started back at school; I mean literally there are piles of things everywhere. Neatly stacked and organized piles, but piles none the less. They haven't really bothered me until recently as I've been focused on schoolwork and freelance projects. Things changed when my cat decided to get frisky with a stack of DVDs and knocked them over in the dead of night scaring the bajeebers out of me.

That was the final straw, I suppose. I could no longer move anywhere without being suddenly conscious of the millions of piles of "stuff" everywhere. How have lived like this for  so long and not realized it? I fear that I am perhaps turning into one of those weird Hoarders people that cry over throwing out old pizza boxes. I suddenly feel very claustrophobic and need to do something about it.

The answer is simple: I HAVE WAAAAAY TOO MUCH STUFF for my tiny place. Some of my old "fat" clothes I'll be donating to the local clothing drive as they are now too big on me (yipee!), but the larger problem is what to do with my vast geekk collection? I don't especially want to get rid of things as they all have some sentimental value, but I'll have to get rid of at least some of it. My comic collection alone is six boxes and counting. Not to mention the two huge totes of sealed Lego sets.

I've decided to give eBay a shot and maybe also try Craigslist and Amazon. I've given a lot of thought to what I want to sell first and hang onto for a bit longer. I think first up will my CCG cards. I use to be really into Marvel and DC VS System as well as Magic the Gathering. I haven't played either in years and most of the cards have been sitting neatly organized in their boxes and untouched since. I'm working on a list of everything that I have but if anyone out there is interested in making me bulk offer and saving me the trouble, I'll definitely consider it.

After the cards will be some toys. I have a bunch of the Series 1 Ben 10 toys that I bought when the original series started (which was one of my favorite series ever until they jumped the shark with those movies). There are also some sealed Lego sets that I have doubles of and want to sell, too. After that, I guess I'll see how much more room I need and go from there.

It's a little sad that it's come to this, but until school is over and I relocate (which is another year at least), I'm stuck in this place for now. At this point I really care less about the money and more about getting my space back...

No comments:

Post a Comment