Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Quick Trip To Forbidden Planet

I know my trip was nearly a week ago (that long already?), but I wanted to post a few other things before this one. It was only my second trip to New York ever and there was a lot on my list that I wanted to see. The first one was a bit of a bust since most of what I saw of the city was from a seat on a bus.

The bulk of our day was spent at the Museum of Natural History. It was incredible and we never even finished it. There were even a few areas I felt "rushed" because there was so much I wanted to see before we went to lunch. That turned out to be an event in itself. After trips to three different pizza shops with no luck finding "the right kind of pizza," we settled on going to Chipotle, another first for me.

The final highlight for me was a visit to the Forbidden Planet comic shop. I thought it was a great store, one of the best comic shops I've ever visited. Granted, there's nothing around here quite like it, but it was still an experience. We spent quite a while browsing, longer than I had planned given the group I was with. In fact, we would have been there even longer had my friend not gotten ill from the heat, forcing us to leave.

I didn't leave empty-handed, either. I  at least had a chance to pick up a new addition to my collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment