Friday, January 16, 2015

My Problem With KingSize

Wow, after two months of not blogging I turn out 4 posts in 3 days. Sadly, I need to vent so this post is another rant - though some of you seem to really enjoy reading them... (#NoJudgement) I was actually planning on writing this post last month when the issue began, but now I am even more furious than I was originally. So here's the story:

On Black Friday I did a lot of my online shopping on Amazon. My mom told me that my dad needed some new flannels, but it's hard to find his size because, like me, he needs things in a tall size. So I happened upon these flannels shirts for $9.99 from a seller called KingSize. It was a great deal and they were offering free shipping for orders over a certain amount. I bought one and my mom bought two though all three were purchased together in one order.


The shirts arrived on time and I checked them out but didn't take a very close look at them until I was wrapping them. As you can see above, the shirt that I ordered came in a package that read "Large" on the outside but whose label and tag showed it was an XL. I immediately went to Amazon to try and exchange it, but the label I was issued said I needed to pay $7.50 to return it. I called Amazon but they told me that as it was sold through a vendor I needed to contact them about the issue.

I had a hard time finding any number to call KingSize on the Amazon site, so I emailed them using the only contact info I could find. The reply came the next morning and the woman attached a return label for me to send the shirt back... which was the exact same label that Amazon had sent me. Refusing to pay to return it when the error was not my own, I found a number on the KingSize website to place/track an order and called it.

After trying to explain to the woman why they should be paying, not me, she placed me on hold to talk to a supervisor. She returned and told me that they would mail me a label and I could expect it in 5 business days. A week later, I still had not received the label so I called again. This service rep told me that it takes 7-10 business days and the that the label wasn't sent out until the Monday after I spoke I with my first rep. she asked me to be patient and wait because their tacking showed I should have my label in a few days.

I did finally receive the label (2 weeks after my first call) and dropped the package at the post office the next morning. Initially they told me that I would have a refund 2 weeks after sending the shirt back. I thought rather than worry over when they actually refund it, I would wait until I got my credit card statement in the mail. So, it's been over a month now and still no refund.

Yesterday, I called, quite upset. The woman I spoke to told me the shirt has only just been received on the 7th and they have yet to process the refund. Now, I would think that it would be quite easy to process a return within the week. She told me that the credit would show on my card within 24 hours and I informed her that if it wasn't, I would be calling back.

I waited until well past the 24 hour mark and still no refund! Again I called, again quite upset over being lied to yet again. This time the woman I spoke to said it takes 24-48 hours to see a return on the card. Livid, I demanded to speak to a supervisor. She told me she cannot connect me to a supervisor but she can send me to an "Escalation Manager" who could then connect me to a supervisor. So she placed me on hold for 10 minutes and I waited...

When the Escalation Manager got on the phone, he didn't greet me or even make sure I was there. He rudely told me that I would have to wait 24-48 hours for a refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me, "I can connect you to someone with a title after their name, but they'll tell you the same thing." So he put me on hold, again, and I waited as patiently as possible. I was finally connected to a man who had only the broadest details of why I was calling, so I explained from the beginning what had happened. He apologized and told me that he would contact the Amazon refund department and I agreed to called him back 45 minutes later.

After a bit of phone tag, I got a call from him and he told me that he spoke to someone and she told him that the refund was made but that it would take up 3 business days to be refunded. With Monday being a holiday, he said I would see the refund no later than Tuesday. With no other options, I agreed to wait until Tuesday. Then, not even an hour later, I receive an email from an Amazon return rep telling me that my refund was made on 1/9.

So I called the supervisor again, wondering what exactly was happening. He told me there was a "one-time glitch in the system" and that's why I didn't get a refund. And he has no idea why I got the other email because no refund was issued at that date. So it begs me to question how many people out there never got the refund they were expecting because of "one-time" glitches and thought they had their money returned.

I'm expecting yet another call tomorrow because apparently the woman that sent me the email (which was sent yesterday but I didn't get until today) is out of the office. This company has the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with in my life. Do they encourage their employees to LIE to customers in order to placate them?  They offered me, for the hassle, a $15 giftcard to their site. I of course refused because I plan to never give them business again.

I complained to Amazon, but they refuse to publish my review because "it contains offense language" (which it doesn't) and "doesn't properly review the product." So here is my complaint about KingSize. I highly encourage anyone thinking about ordering from them to reconsider. I promise, you'll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment