Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Villains I: Intergang

As promised, this week I'm going to be showing off some of my villains. Originally, I'd planned on only doing a single post, but as I started prepping things, I realized that I had enough for a two or three. So I thought that, rather than post everything post everything at once, I'd space it out.

My first Villains Post is all about the international criminal ring, Intergang. A bit different from the classic comic set-up I first saw in Superman: The Animated Series, my version mirrors the conspiracy-plotting Light from the Young Justice cartoon. There is a tiny little change, however. I don't deal with the New Gods in any of my stories, so there is no Apokalyptian technology or dealings with Darkseid. As I said in the Teen Titan's post, I'm trying to streamline my Universe rather than over-complicate it. Trying to add in Darkseid (and even just a tiny assortment of his army) meant also including New Genesis and a bevy of their characters and backstory, too.


These are my Intergang bosses, a secret society of seven supervillains who manipulate crime throughout the world. There are very few criminal organizations that operate outside of their bounds, and even fewer who do so without being unwitting pawns in their plans. So who are these masterminds?

Intergang Bosses (L-R):
Chimera, West Africa, developed/markets the mutating drug called Primal
Petranovitch, Metropolis, arms dealer, smuggler, and counterfeiter
Bellaco, Mexico, controls drug trafficking into the US
The Clock King, Gotham City, illegal weapons manufacturing
Oni, Tokyo, illegal weapons manufacturing
Cernunnos, Opal City, distribution of contraband dark magic items
The Contessa, London, genetic experimentation creating "human weapons"

These may be the masterminds, but they have dozens of underbosses and lackeys to carryout their commands while they plot from behind the scenes. Among their ranks are a few re-purposed DC names you may recognize: Deadshot, Deathstroke, Tigress, Shadow Thief, Knockout, and Silver Banshee. Not all of them are exactly as you've seen them before. Some are quite true to their classic character, but a few are wildly different. And there are dozens of my own characters, too. Among them is one of the original characters that help to start my fanverse: Chromatix.


As you can see from the picture on the left, Chromatix began as my villainess character in DCUO. She started as a Gotham villain (where better for a new criminal to begin, right) but later set-up shop in Metropolis. She's got indestructible, silver skin and super-strength as well as ties to a Justice League member that you'll meet in the future. She's been a really fun character to write and my artist friends seems to enjoy drawing her as well.

So, that's it for this post. I hope you enjoyed getting a peek at the dark side of my fanverse. There is going to be a Part Two to follow, though I'm not sure if it will be next weekend or not. Midterms are over, but after next week, all of my final projects will be due, so I have a very hectic week after the holiday. I'll try my best for a post, but if I can't manage at least you were warned in advance. Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment