Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Teen Titans

Recently there was a lot of talk about the possible return of my beloved Young Justice series for a Season Three. While the ambiguous announcement only revealed the release of Season One on Blu-Ray this Tuesday (8/12/14), we did receive a small bit of news that our favorite teen heroes will be making a brief return to TV in an upcoming episode of Teen Titans GO! this fall. While many hate TTG for replacing Young Justice in the Cartoon Network Saturday morning line-up, there has been a small hope that if that single episode gets enough views - combined with the Blu-Ray sales - Warner/CN will see that there is still a market for the failed series.

With all of the recent news, and I suppose to celebrate the Blu-Ray release, I decided to post the fan art of my very own Teen Titans/Young Justice team. Only half of the team are actual DC owned characters, the rest are characters that I played in DCUO (an MMOG set in the DC Universe). I've since stopped playing DCUO, but I loved my characters so much that I started having fan art done and writing my own stories around the team. I've even branched out and built a Justice League and designed an entire Universe around the team. I've previously posted some art on the old blog as well as on my DeviantART page, but I decided it's time to post some here, too.

This was the first set of the characters I had done about two years ago by the awesome Garnet Q (whose page, it seems, has been deactivated). This was the initial set on which all of the future ones are based. We have (L-R): Superboy, King of Shadows, Dragonfire, Supergirl, Robin, Psyfire, Kelda, and Blue Beetle.

 Here is the second series by one of my favorites, Wind-Box. You can see the evolution of a few costumes from the original as well as some more dynamic poses. You'll see Wind in some of my future posts, too. We work together often and she probably knows my characters, and me, better than any other artist I've worked with so far.

Lastly, we have the fan-favorite Ichan-Desu. His initial piece (see below) of the team was in a Height Chart with everyone in their skivvies. I'm in the process of having my individual Justice League characters completed, but sadly, Ichan has fallen on tough times - both emotionally and financially - and the final few are in limbo. He's a great guy, and I hate the thought of him being unhappy, so visit his page and leave him lots of faves and positive messages. And if you're so inclined, leave him a points donation. Or if you want, donate them on my page - they all go toward helping him either way.




Here we have the team out of costume - and everything else for that matter... You can see now why Ichan is so popular of an artist. (Due to people claiming my commissions as their own, I've been forced to take measures, so ignore the lines running through them.) In case you're confused and can't identify them here they are again (L-R): Jaime (Blue Beetle), Drake (Dragonfire), Kelda, Dick (Robin), Conner (Superboy), Kara (Supergirl), Olyand'r (Psyfire), and Alex (King of Shadows).

Let me end by saying this - I get a lot of slack about not having certain characters or questions as to why I replaced this member with that one. The important thing to note is this: it's my version of the team and it's based on my ideal set of characters. Remember, everyone has their own favorites - these just happen to be mine. It's fan art/stories that I created to revolve around the characters that I created. If nothing else, just enjoy the pretty pictures and leave the negative comments to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment